Friday 6 January 2012

2012

Hello!

It's been a while since my last update about how my training block was going. So long in fact that a new year has begun!

My last post turned out to be the end of my tournament season 2011 and I continued my training through to the Christmas period. During this time I have been focusing more on the fitness side of my training than the tennis. I have continued to include up to ten hours of hitting a week but have had four heavy sessions in the gym per week as well as yoga, three running sessions per week and a seemingly endless time spent stretching and injury prevention!

Luckily for me, as opposed to many of the top players, I can forego some of my training over the Christmas period and treated myself to a week off training last week to spend with my girlfriend, family and friends. This is a really nice recovery period for the body as well as a really big boost ready to hit the new year hard. And I'm determined to make it a good one!

During the last couple of months of 2011 I have been in talks with a new coach and am delighted to announce that I will now be working with Gary Waughman and team at Sportstech. I have had several meetings with him over the past few weeks and after some discussions we have agreed a proposal which will see us work together over the next year.

I am very excited about the potential we have to work together and hopefully what we can achieve this year! Our current plan begins next week and we will work on a three month training block that will allow Gary to bring what he has to offer to my game and we can make the changes that we feel necessary before we are able to hit the tournaments hard and work towards getting my world ranking.

I will keep this blog much more regularly updated over this year as I hope it will accurately document my tennis career and hopefully what will be the best tennis year yet! In between I will also be updating my twitter account you can find me here: www.twitter.com/jacksaunders

No comments:

Post a Comment